The FilterDict®-Element module can determine life-time and dust holding capacity (DHC) of a filter element such as a pleated filter.
FilterDict®-Element can simulate the clogging of a filter in a single pass experiment on an unresolved media, such as single or multiple pleat elements, diesel particulate filter (DPF) structures, etc.
The pass-through model is implemented, which considers the filtration possibility of each type of particle in different types of unresolved porous media. Pressure drop evolution and
fractional efficiencies over time and the DHC are determined.
The simulation covers the entire filtration regime from depth filtration to cake filtration.
With the FilterDict®-Element module, pleated filters can be optimized and/or newly designed by choosing flat sheet filter media and specifying the geometry and the number of pleats.
The simulation with GeoDict is validated by comparing the results with experiments and adjusting the numerical parameters.
FilterDict®-Element is a pioneer software tool, widely used in academic and industrial settings, and the only one on the market providing this functionality on standard hardware (16GB 64bit Windows or Linux computers).
FilterDict® is a registered trademark of Math2Market® GmbH.
The FilterDict®-Element is particularly well suited for:
- Particle tracking through a pleat element.
- Simulation of soot filtration through a honeycomb structure of a diesel/gasoline particulate filter (DPF/GPF).
- Simulation of clogging of a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter pleat.
Honeycomb model generated with the GridGeo module for soot-filtration simulations with FilterDict®-Element
Single pleat modelled with the PleatGeo module for gas-filtration simulations with FilterDict®-Element
Velocity of a gas flowing through the pleat model computed with FilterDict®-Element (3D rendering)
Velocity of a gas flowing through the pleat model computed with FilterDict®-Element (2D view)
- The GeoDict-Base package is required for basic functionality.
- FilterDict-Element requires a module to generate unresolved porous media, such as the PleatGeo module for pleat elements,
or the GridGeo module for DPF honeycomb structure models.
- FilterDict-Element requires the solvers of FlowDict module to compute the fluid flow.