The Challenge: Increase Proton Conductivity and Mechanical Stability of the Separator and Reduce Cross-Reactions
Hydrogen is a key energy carrier of the future. To help electrolysis achieve a breakthrough, an environmentally friendly, efficient and safe hydrogen production process is needed. Both PEM electrolysis and alkaline electrolysis enable the use of regenerative energies for water splitting. In both cases, the critical component is the separator.
In material development, the main challenges at present are to reduce material costs and increase the lifetime of the cell, and to increase the proton conductivity and mechanical stability of the PEM to reduce cross-reactions.
You are interested? Our team of fuel cells experts will be happy to provide you with more information!
- AI-assisted segmentation and identification of objects in 3D image data
- Generation of realistic statistical digital twins of the materials on the microscale
- Determination of important geometric and physical parameters
- Quantitative and high-performance simulation of physical properties
- Automated parameter studies for the design of new materials