The challenge: Maximize SOFC reliability and lifetime and reduce development costs
High-temperature fuel cells such as SOFCs are particularly interesting for the stationary supply of energy, because relatively little effort is required for the preparation of fuel gas. In the energy conversion process, SOFC systems generate both electricity and heat, which can then be used in a variety of ways. Intensive research and development work is needed to reach the full potential of these fuel cells. Significant improvements are still required, particularly with regard to the aging and service life of the high-temperature fuel cells.
The GeoDict software solution for fuel cells enables precise analysis of the fuel cell materials at the micro level. GeoDict allows the user to reliably characterize the material properties and simulate the material behavior, for example due to thermal or mechanical influences. Digital material development with GeoDict not only provides valuable data for improved fuel cell performance, but significantly reduces development costs at the same time.
- AI-assisted identification of binders and individual grains and particles in 3D image data
- Generation of realistic statistical Digital Twins of the materials at the microscale
- Determination of important geometric and physical parameters
- Quantitative and high-performance simulation of physical properties
- Automated parameter studies for the design of better performing fuel cell materials
Digital Development of SOFC Materials with GeoDict®
Whether GDL, MPL, CAT, PEM, BPP or a complete cell: Analyze, understand, create and optimize your material on the microscale. Math2Market enables you to digitize your materials research and development with GeoDict.